CAREERS AT INTERNATIONAL VOLUNTEER CARD
Why Work at International Volunteer Card?
We are social capitalists and our organization has a triple bottom line: fiscal, social, and environmental. For the past nine years, we have worked hard to make volunteer travel easier, safer and more affordable for world-class humanitarian organizations and volunteer travelers across the globe. We have grown rapidly and now insure over 60,000 volunteers annually. We give over 10% of our net profits to humanitarian projects around the world through our sister nonprofit, Venture.
If you like new ideas, challenges, and working with a small but absurdly talented group of people in a learning-friendly, rapidly evolving environment, we’d love to meet you!
Salary, Paid Time Off, Medical, and Coffee
We like to be happy, healthy, and inspired. At IVC, you’ll be met with competitive pay, paid vacation days, all the usual holidays plus a few you might not expect, great employer-sponsored health benefits. Oh, and don’t forget about the never-ending flow of Starbucks & Caribou coffee and hot chocolate.
What We Care About
We want the time and energy you spend at IVC to have a positive impact on society, so we put our values at the core of how we operate – not just when it’s convenient, but in a lasting and meaningful way. Check out our Core Values.
CUSTOMER CARE SPECIALIST
FLY FOR GOOD, INC. – Greater Minneapolis-St. Paul Area
dba International Volunteer Card
511 East Travelers Trail, Burnsville, MN 55337
Job Title: Customer Care Specialist
Reports To: Business Development Manager
POSITION SUMMARY and QUALIFICATIONS
Fly For Good, Inc. is seeking a dynamic individual who thrives in a fast-paced work environment. Under pressure, he/she maintains a positive attitude, works well in a team setting and independently. This individual is detail oriented, accurate and possesses strengths in problem-solving, listening, verbal & written communication. He/she is a reliable, flexible self-starter who is organized, sharp, thinks outside the box, and a strong advocate for the customer.
A demonstrated ability to excel in customer care would create advancement opportunities in the future.
After completing the training curriculum, you must thrive in the following areas:
- Assist current and potential customers by answering product and service questions related to the product
- Maintain customer records by updating account information
- Resolve product or service problems by clarifying the customer’s concerns; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution
- Process customer payments and adjustments
- Receive customers’ requests by telephone or email, analyze requests, provide the information requested or ascertain who can best provide the information, and route the request to the proper person
- Knowledge of product line, pricing, delivery time, and similar data, as directed
- Keep a record of inventory and order new inventory, as needed
- Contact existing Volunteer Card Group clients and help increase the number of active users
- Reconcile and submit a weekly roster of insurance to underwriter
- Contact underwriter to open claims for customers
- Various administrative tasks and other tasks as assigned
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Advanced study beyond a high school diploma or minimum 3 years of customer service experience; strong communication, computer, and organizational skills.
Full-time, Monday-Friday, 8:30 am – 5 pm, Burnsville office
Working conditions are inherent to a normal office environment
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Must be able to come to work promptly and regularly
- Must be able to take direction, work and communicate well with others
- Must be able to communicate in person, on the telephone, email and chat
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods, within the office setting
- Must be able to concentrate and perform accurately
- Must be able to work under the stress of deadlines
- Must be able to react to change productively and handle other tasks as assigned
- Must present self in a professional manner
COMPETITIVE SALARY and BENEFITS PACKAGE
If you are looking for a fun, growing, ethical company who offers its employees challenge… opportunity… reward… and believe you’re a good fit for this position, we are excited to hear from you. Please email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com (write RESUME on the subject line)
Job Classification: Hourly / Non-exempt
Experience Level: Entry – Intermediate
Functions: Customer Care, Sales, Operations
Industries: Humanitarian / Travel
This job description has been prepared to assist in defining job responsibilities, physical demands, mental tolerance, working conditions and skills needed. It is not intended as a complete list of job duties, responsibilities and/or essential functions. Nor does it intend to limit the manager’s right to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their management. The company reserves the right to make changes to any part of this Job Description as deemed, in its judgment to be necessary or proper.
This company is an equal opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
This company is an “at will” employer and an offer of employment will not limit the future right of either party to terminate employment, at-will. An employee is free to resign at any time, for any reason or no reason, with or without notice. Similarly, the Company is free to conclude the employment relationship at any time for any lawful reason, with or without cause, and with or without notice.
The International Volunteer Card is a dba of Fly for Good, Inc., headquartered at 511 E. Travelers Trail, Burnsville, MN 55337.
We are social capitalists, and our organization has a triple bottom line: fiscal, social, and environmental. It is our mission to make volunteer travel easier, safer and more affordable. It is our vision to become the premier membership for volunteer travelers across the globe by offering indispensable service, travel insurance, discounts and assistance.
We are a growing company, embracing the present and looking forward to the future.