CAREERS AT INTERNATIONAL VOLUNTEER CARD
Why Work at International Volunteer Card?
We are social capitalists and our organization has a triple bottom line: fiscal, social, and environmental. For the past nine years, we have worked hard to make volunteer travel easier, safer and more affordable for world-class humanitarian organizations and volunteer travelers across the globe. We have grown rapidly and now insure over 60,000 volunteers annually. We give over 10% of our net profits to humanitarian projects around the world through our sister nonprofit, Venture.
If you like new ideas, challenges, and working with a small but absurdly talented group of people in a learning-friendly, rapidly evolving environment, we’d love to meet you!
Salary, Paid Time Off, Medical, and Coffee
We like to be happy, healthy, and inspired. At IVC, you’ll be met with competitive pay, paid vacation days, all the usual holidays plus a few you might not expect, great employer-sponsored health benefits. Oh, and don’t forget about the never-ending flow of Starbucks & Caribou coffee and hot chocolate.
What We Care About
We want the time and energy you spend at IVC to have a positive impact on society, so we put our values at the core of how we operate – not just when it’s convenient, but in a lasting and meaningful way. Check out our Core Values.
Customer Care Specialist
Our Travel Insurance Brands is seeking a dynamic individual, who thrives in a fast-paced work environment, to help build and grow an incredible experience for our customers.
As the Customer Care Specialist, you will be a customer-centric force for the good of the customer. You will partner with the staff to serve our customers in a way that makes our culture and values evident. Your focus will be on providing product and service information and resolving product and service problems. In this role, you will thrive as the first human interaction that our customers have come to love and expect from us.
Under pressure, you maintain a positive attitude. You enjoy working in a team setting, and do it well, but also get work done independently. You are detail oriented, a triple-checker, and therefore, accurate. You possess strengths in creative problem-solving, listening, organization, verbal and written communication.
You recognize that our customers are primarily volunteers and humanitarian workers who are changing the world and so you are a strong advocate for them.
● Assist current and potential customers by answering product and service questions related to our products
● Resolve product or service problems by clarifying the customer’s concerns; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution
● Maintain customer records and process customer payments and adjustments
● Receive customers’ requests by telephone or e-mail, analyze requests, provide information requested or ascertain who can best provide the information, and route the request to the proper person
● Maintain knowledge of the product line, pricing, delivery time, and similar data, as directed
● Keep record of inventory and order new supplies, as needed
● Remain in contact with existing clients and help increase the number of active users
● Reconcile and submit weekly roster of insurance to the underwriter
● Assist customers in the claims process by contacting the underwriter to open claims
● Various other administrative tasks and other tasks as assigned
Location and Other Info:
This opportunity is full-time (Monday – Friday 8:30 am – 5:00 pm) and on-site at our office in Burnsville, MN. The desired start date is immediate, but we may offer some flexibility.
How to Apply:
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Be sure to write RESUME in the subject line.