Procedure and details
If you find yourself needing to make a claim, we want you to know we are here for you. International Volunteer Card does not just sell travel insurance plans, we work hard to create and maintain relationships with all of our customers. This means that we will walk with you through the entire claims process from beginning to end and advocate on your behalf.
The most important thing to keep in mind is that you should always keep all receipts and documentation from your travels. See more tips on avoiding claims issues here.
Filing a Claim
You must file a claim within 30 days after a loss occurs. When you are ready to file, there are a few different routes that you can take:
1. Email email@example.com. Please include the following information in the body of your email:
- Volunteer Card number (begins with “V” and is found on the front of your card)
- Date of birth
- Travel dates and destination
- Date incident occurred / you were treated
- Brief description of incident / what you were seen for
- Amount claiming (in dollars)
Once we receive your email we will be in touch with you in 1 – 2 business days and walk you through the remaining claims process.
2. Call the International Volunteer Card office at 952.886.7663 and speak to us directly about your claim. A trained staff member will be more than willing to walk you through the process. We will need to ask you a few simple questions so it’s important to have your basic travel information on hand.
Note: Do not call the IVC office if you need emergency medical attention while traveling. Emergency contact info can be found here. The 24/7 emergency provider will help you through the emergency and provide personal, situation-based assistance by locating the nearest, safest hospital and sending you a cash advance if needed.
What Happens After Filing a Claim?
Once the claim is filed you will be given a claim number and sent a claim packet, via email or mail, which will include a list of documents that need to be submitted to the insurance underwriter for review. Once the required forms are received you should allow time for a claims analyst to review your case. During this time, Volunteer Card will be monitoring the progress of your claim and will be in communication with you if there is anything else you should do. You will receive payment on benefits provided by your plan as soon as written proof is received and processed.
There is always freedom for you to reach out to us and ask any questions that you have during this process. It’s our goal to make sure you are informed about what is happening.