Passport Protection – Volunteer Card

Passport Protection

Passport replacement reimbursement and assistance

Your passport is essential to your journey. All Volunteer Card plans include coverage for passport replacement should you need it. Compare plans here.


Passport Protection

Passport insurance

If your passport is lost, stolen, or damaged while on a trip outside of the United States, Volunteer Card insurance will reimburse the passport replacement costs, up to the maximum limit of your plan. Make sure to properly document the loss, theft, or damage with a police report or other paperwork.

If your passport is lost, stolen, or damaged:
1. Call 24/7 travel assistance line listed on the back of your Volunteer Card.
2. Get information on how to find the nearest embassy/consulate or police station.
3. Report the loss, theft, or damage to the local authorities.

Further information on lost/stolen passports from the U.S. Department of State can be found here. With IVC insurance, you will be personally assisted through all of the needed steps to get your passport replaced and get you home.

Also, check out our tips on avoiding claims issues and instructions on making a claim.