How does Trip Cancellation and Interruption work?
Trip Cancellation and Interruption coverage reimburses the money you lose if your trip is cancelled or cut short for a sudden, unforeseen covered reason. Trip Cancellation does not cover cancellations for known reasons (e.g. you can’t purchase Trip Cancellation after you or a loved one falls ill, the same way you can’t purchase fire insurance after a fire). Examples of covered unforeseen reasons are shown above. Important: Trip Cancellation and Interruption must be purchased at least 24 hours prior to departure as an upgrade to the Basic, Plus, or Premium Plan.
Coverage for cancelled trips:
1. Forfeited nonrefundable prepaid deposits or payments
2. The charge for a single supplement if your traveling companion’s trip is cancelled for a covered reason but yours is not
Coverage for interrupted trips:
1. Forfeited, unused nonrefundable prepaid deposits or payments paid prior to your departure date
2. Additional transportation expenses incurred
3. Additional cost as a result of change in per-person occupancy rate for prepaid travel arrangements if your traveling companion’s trip is interrupted but yours is not
Read the description of coverage for a summary of plan details.
How much does it cost?
Trip Cancellation insurance costs 5% of up to the total cost of your trip. For example, if you chose to insure $1000 of your trip cost, Trip Cancellation would cost $50. Minimum trip cost to insure is $400.
How do I purchase?
The option to add Trip Cancellation and Interruption coverage to your Basic, Plus, or Premium Plan will be available at checkout for both individual and group orders. Buy Now
If you have purchased a Basic, Plus, or Premium Plan in the past and your policy is still effective, you can complete one of the following order forms. To purchase Trip Cancellation and Interruption for an individual, please fill out this Individual Order Form. For group orders, download and fill out this Trip Cancellation and Interruption Group Order Form and email it to email@example.com. Please indicate whether you’d like to pay with check or credit card. Important: You must purchase Trip Cancellation and Interruption at least 24 hours prior to departure as an upgrade to the Basic, Plus, or Premium Plan.