Successful Crowdfunding Tips for Nonprofits and Volunteers
Do you want to raise funds for your nonprofit or volunteer cause? If you want to increase your donations, crowdfunding is your next step. Check out these successful crowdfunding tips for nonprofits and volunteers to get you started.
5 Successful Crowdfunding Tips for Nonprofits
1. Set clear goals. – Who are you targeting? What are your fundraising goals? How much time do you have to fundraise?
2. Rally supporters. – Ask friends and family for their support before you even launch the campaign. Others are more likely to support if they see that you already have a backing.
3. Include a video. – Engaging, professional videos that concisely communicate your fundraising goals gain respect and attention from potential supporters.
4. Set a time-limit. – Time limits create an urgency to donate. Spans of 30-45 days perform the best.
5. Use social media. – Stay active on social media through the duration of your campaign. Encourage the conversation by sharing and celebrating your milestones.
Choosing your crowdfunding platform
There are dozens of crowdfunding platforms, and you want to make sure you select one that meets your nonprofit’s unique needs. Some of the big-name crowdfunding software include Indiegogo, Crowdrise, Mightycause, and Kickstarter.
When comparing different platforms, you’ll want to keep these features on top-of-mind.
✅ Reasonable fees
Make sure you understand the campaign fees for the crowdfunding platform you’re interested in using. You should find these fees under the “pricing” section of the website. To set your expectations, the industry average for campaign fees rests around 5%.
Pro tip: Several crowdfunding sites cater to nonprofits and minimize transaction fees.
By running a crowdfunding campaign, you don’t want to add extra work to your already-full plate! Make sure the program takes care of the putzy work, like automatically updating your donation counter or sending donation receipts.
✅ Easy branding
If you’re keen on consistent branding, you’ll want the ability to easily customize your crowdfunding campaign to match your nonprofit. Make sure you can upload your logo, choose custom colors, and include a personalized story.
✅ Social media integration
Managing your crowdfunding campaign will be much easier if you can connect your social media accounts. It makes for a seamless, sharing experience.
Starting a successful crowdfunding campaign takes strategic groundwork, but the results can blow you away.